10 June 2009

A little night music


Have not been to the theahtah for years Marjorie. But tonight I dolled myself up in my cashmere hoodie and trotted on down to The West End to see A Little Night Music. A meditation of life, love, and the passage of time.

There are musicals. And then there is Stephen Sondheim. Anyone who dares to base a musical on a film by Ingmar Bergman can't fail in my book. Ah! my days of hammering out piano duets in a Cumbrian vicarage. Eine Kleine Nachtmusik a deux! Happy days, good times.

This time I had the best seats in the house. There are definite advantages to knowing the cast.

Maureen Lipmann stole the show as The Countess, natch. Favourite line that I'm sure she pinched from my autobiography:

'I don't despair of the immorality, merely the sloppiness of your life.'

Yah.

3 Comments:

Blogger FKJ said...

ooohhh! is this based on smiles of a summer night????

8:12 am  
Blogger Lady V said...

Certainly is, old thing. I knew you'd know.

12:26 pm  
Blogger albeo said...

I am liking the sound of the countess, natch...

11:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home