14 April 2008

The crème de la crème of Strong Female Leads


Imagine, if you will, my delight when, idly flicking through the latest edition of Têtu (the iconic French fag-mag, beloved of my various partners in crime for its, er, unique blend of existential Gallic angst and men with their bits out), I came across the following article. For the benefit of my non-European readers I shall translate:

The American actress Julianne Moore will be playing a lesbian novelist in Rebecca Miller’s next film, 'The Private Lives of Pippa Lee'. Pippa Lee (Robin Wright Penn), a woman ditched by her husband for a younger woman (Winona Ryder) begins to explore her buried sensuality in the company of Julianne Moore. Filming will begin next April.

I predict a world premiere in the countryside. I predict lashings of booze and Gauloise Blonde Légères, specially imported via Tot Homage Trip to Paris. I predict torrents of tears from the Bad Lesbians. I predict full attention from the heterosexual American boys. I predict mild tutting from the Italian homosexuals who shall - kindly but firmly - put to better use making dinner for the group. I predict Le Duc reclining in pleasure on the sofa, flanked by his bitches.

[Commercial break for moment of reverie]

It really doesn’t get any better. Arthur Miller’s daughter, wife of Daniel Day Lewis, (and Artiste in Her Own Right, natch) joins the ranks of the BLs in top totty celluloid triumph. And Winona, to boot. Tickets for that red sofa available to the highest bidder.

2 Comments:

Blogger FKJ said...

i have known about this film for quite some time and was waiting for the right moment to pounce you with the info.

i should confess to the BIGGEST crush on robin Wright penn. she is the exeption to our no-blonde rule. along with other notables such as kate.

anyhow. apart from the unfortunate name PIPPA (reminiscent of that annoying pigtailed gingar) i think we can rest assured that at least three of us (duc, and his BLs) will be gloating.

10:30 pm  
Blogger LeDuc said...

I

CANNOT

WAIT!!!!







Julianne is at the apex of my Great Pantheon of Cinematic Gods.





She is possibly (whispers) even slightly higher than Keanu.

8:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home