11 October 2006

Old habits die hard


As some of you know, if something comes in liquid form, I cannot refuse. And thus it was that I find myself this evening happily handing over £50 English cash money for two bottles of what can only be described as fruit juice. Actually, the accompanying literature, '22 reasons to drink Mangosteen juice' (worth in itself a tenner at least for entertainment value), describes it thus:

“Pharmaceutical drugs are developed for specific effects for a targeted physiological function (no kidding). They are potent and often toxic to other areas (anyone who has seen me in the mornings can testify to that). Supplements utilize the holistic properties of plants – often having multiple or combined benefits. The dialogue will rage for many more years, sadly, at the expense of understanding the value of both sides. Obviously, the answer is ‘moderation in all things’ and most wise Americans know the value of each approach. Free radicals relentlessly attack the body cells, like vultures or piranhas, they ‘rape, pillage and plunder’. Mangosteen juice mops them up and helps hinder the damage.”

So. As moderation is ever my watchword, and because anything that comes in a bottle has to be tried at least once (remember that 'liquid hayfever remedy’ anyone?), I hand over my credit card and am now the proud possessor of two bottles of the stuff. It even comes with a handy shot glass to make me feel at home.

Obviously, one wouldn’t want to put all one’s eggs in one basket. Bearing in mind the maxim of moderation, I nip into my local corner shop on my way home and purchase another sort of fruit juice, tried, tested and perfected over millennia. The damage? £2.19.

I shall be sharing the results of my trial with you all forthwith.

5 Comments:

Blogger bogart said...

now.. exactly... what are you drinking?
who convinced you darling to by these things?
most of all.. do you feel purified??
do i have to lick your sweat at yoga not to waste the precious drops?

10:20 pm  
Blogger Lady V said...

Well, it apparently is an extract of 'The Queen of Fruits', grown in Asia and Brazil, a tropical fruit. Looks like a lychee but is clearly more expensive. About the price of Bollinger, I worked out.

My reflexologist made me do it. Anyone who massages my feet for an hour can get me to do anything.

Not purified yet as i am finishing the wine before beginning the new regime.

I will charge you £2.50 a lick at hot yoga for the recycled fruit.....

10:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you go to Miso - great cheap noodle bars - they are offering aloe vera drink (you know, the stuff they put in luxury Andrex to make it feel nice on your bottom). I have not yet had the courage to order one. Can you? Tell me what it's like...

7:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So.I'm intrigued by the careful positioning of the red wine bottle next to magic juice... is this an artistic expression of the battle between good and evil?

1:00 pm  
Blogger Lady V said...

No, just an expression of my own schizophrenic self...

7:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home