09 October 2007

Mistaken identity


I’ve been driving a large white van around North London. At first I felt rather butch and fabulous. I rolled the sleeves of my t-shirt up over my shoulders. I would have stuck a packet of Marlboro Lights in it if I hadn’t given up smoking again this morning. I cruised the streets, effortlessly navigating the Tuesday traffic. I entertained fantasies of a new life as a truck driver, leaving a string of broken hearts behind me as I roamed from town to town.

Now my back hurts. All I want is a nice gin and tonic and a scented bath. I guess it was never really going to work...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. Why didn't you invite me to ride shotgun?!

9:44 pm  
Blogger albeo said...

You need a man to do the driving, that's the bleak truth...

12:25 am  
Blogger MicNic said...

Are you selling stolen goods? I was often stopped on the street by white vans full of speakers or watches

5:52 am  
Blogger FKJ said...

let's face it tots. we are MANY things. butch not being one of them..
i second tot a on this one..i think our abilities stretch so far as putting up a large painting of a cross. crookedly no less...

5:40 pm  
Blogger sxg said...

hold on. i'd like to quote my mother who, on learning the difference between `butch' and `femme,' said: so flavia would be BUTCH, right?

9:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

6:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home