15 September 2008

The Ballad of Molly and Paul

Well, I took no photos.

The stories have been told.

But I wrote a poem, performed by my good self at the infamous bachelorette do on Brighton Beach. I suspect most of the group were mildly intoxicated. So here is a little reminder.

A bit cheesy. A few dodgy rhymes. But written with love.

The Ballad of Molly and Paul

In the beginning was the word
And the word was Eritrea
A cosy little restaurant
A dinner just for two

And afterwards they walked a bit
And talked a bit
And kissed a bit
Now here I am in Brighton Beach
Reporting back to you.

So he said:

I need you like vodka needs a tonic
A little splash of something just to make the drink complete
I need you – it's a condition that is chronic
Like some of us need cigarettes and some of us need meat

I need you like Fela Kuti needs his dancers
Although the difference between us is that I need just we two
I need you like music needs an audience
A wise discerning audience that even gets Tatu

I need you like Hedwig needs his angry inch
I need you like a fireman needs his hose
I need you like wearing latex needs some talcum
Someone to make me comfortable
Someone who really knows

I need you like Obama needs a victory
Will you come with me to C.A.R or even Kazakhstan?
We'll change the world together
If we just have each other
Shall we do it ? Do you want to? Can we do it? Yes we can!


And she said:

I need you like yoga needs a downwards dog
Basic but essential to the way my body moves
I need you like sushi needs wasabi
A little something extra to make the rest improve

I need you like carbon needs offsetting
Like trees need air and water and flowers need the sun
I need you like paper needs recycling
So none of you is wasted and there's more of you for fun

I need you like a Wiki needs contributors
One who's adding to me, building who I am
I'll give just you the password, so no-one else can do it
We'll build our own Webb2.0 with Lawrence - extra RAM

And he said:

I need you like Donnie Darko needs his hoodie
A warm and cosy hoodie I can huddle up inside
One that fits just perfectly
One who's with me constantly
I'll love you til the end of time
So will you be my bride?

-

So now there are two words
And the words are Paul and Molly
The two words go together
Tripping lightly off the tongue
Let's make a toast
And say three cheers
Hurrah from everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger FKJ said...

will go in the collected early works of catherine hall

2:40 pm  
Blogger albeo said...

It's Web2.0, darling, not We...

Oh, I just got it... errrrrrrrrrr.....

11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home